[fullwidth background_color=”” background_image=”” background_parallax=”none” enable_mobile=”no” parallax_speed=”0.3″ background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_webm=”” video_mp4=”” video_ogv=”” video_preview_image=”” overlay_color=”” overlay_opacity=”0.5″ video_mute=”yes” video_loop=”yes” fade=”no” border_size=”0px” border_color=”#f6f6f6″ border_style=”solid” padding_top=”5px” padding_bottom=”3px” padding_left=”0″ padding_right=”0″ hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” menu_anchor=”” class=”” id=””][title size=”1″ content_align=”left” style_type=”default” sep_color=”” class=”” id=””]LASER HAIR REMOVAL[/title][one_half last=”no” spacing=”yes” center_content=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ class=”” id=””]
At Defyne, we use an Elite MPX medical grade laser for the treatment. Recognized as the most versatile laser available today, the Elite MPX can treat all skin types including Asian and African skin types.
To maximise the effects of Laser Hair Removal and to minimise unwanted side effects we recommend you take the following aftercare steps:
Avoid sun exposure and apply sun protection to treated area(s)
Do not undergo chemical or microdermabrasion peels 1 week post treatment
Avoid direct and indirect heat, hot baths, saunas etc, for 48hrs post treatment
Normal skincare routine can be resumed immediately avoiding harsh or irritant topical products for 48hrs
Results may vary as each individual is different but you are welcome to arrange an appointment to see you practitioner at any time to ensure you are happy with your procedure[/toggle][toggle title=”DOES LASER HAIR REMOVAL HURT?” open=”no”]The treatment causes minimal discomfort. Clients often say it feels similar to the snap of a rubber band. Slight redness or localized swelling can occasionally occur, but this usually subsides within the first 24 hours after treatment.[/toggle][toggle title=”HOW MANY LASER HAIR REMOVAL TREATMENTS ARE REQUIRED?” open=”no”]Typically clients will see results in 4 – 6 treatments, though this number will vary based upon the skin tone, hair colour and several other factors. At your consultation we will talk to you about the variables that may affect your individual results.[/toggle][toggle title=”WHY COME TO US?” open=”no”]We can proudly say you get what you pay for at our clinic in Preston. The cost of our treatment may be slightly more than what our competitors are providing, but we believe if you have invested money into this type of treatment you should be treated by a practitioner who has had specific training in Light and Laser therapies, using the medically graded technology in a safe and successful manner.[/toggle][toggle title=”WHAT INFLUENCES THE EFFECTIVENESS OF THE TREATMENT?” open=”no”]Different factors influence the efficiency of the laser hair removal. We will discuss this in detail with you at your consultation at our Preston Clinic to give you a realistic expectation. Skin type, hair type and the area being treated will determine the settings of the laser and therefore the outcome.[/toggle][toggle title=”WHAT WAVELENGTHS DOES YOUR LASER HAVE? ” open=”no”]We are proud to be one of the first laser hair removal clinics in Preston to offer the newly introduced Elite MPX laser system by Cynosure.
The Elite MPX, which incorporates Cynosure’s patented MultiPlex sequencing technology, is a highly versatile laser aesthetic workstation that combines two gold standard wavelengths in one system: the 755 nm Alexandrite laser and the 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser, with the capability of using them individually, switching between them, or blending them with the MultiPlex sequencing technology, resulting in customized hair, vascular, and anti-aging treatments to a wider range of patients of any skin type.[/toggle][toggle title=”LASER HAIR REMOVAL VS IPL HAIR REMOVAL” open=”no”]At Defyne (Preston Clinic) we offer Cynosures Elite MPX laser hair removal as opposed to IPL (intense pulsed light). Laser is the most effective way to deliver long-term effective hair reduction, you can expect up to 90 percent hair removal in as little as six treatments.
Laser hair removal is different to the Intense Pulsed Light system (IPL) which uses less powerful, diffused light waves. IPL due to its nature causes much more side effects and is less effective than a laser. IPL emits energy produced by a lamp similar to a light bulb. Our medical grade laser emits a coherent beam of light which focuses on the treatment area more precisely. It therefore looses less of its power in the surrounding tissue causing fewer side effects and providing more accurate results.
Laser hair removal can be used on any part of the body, including the most common problem areas: face, bikini area, legs and underarms. It is also safe to use on a wider range of skin types. Our laser is specifically designed to treat all skin types safely.
However IPL machines do provide certain benefits in comparison to a laser. They are cheaper to buy than a laser and easier to run. With different hand pieces they can be utilized for different applications. Therefore they are more versatile but never achieve the efficacy of a specialized laser.
Many hair removal machines available at other establishments are labelled ‘Laser’ but are actually systems that use Intense Pulsed Light (IPL). Research has shown that although these machines may reduce hair growth, they are not as effective as the Elite MPX at permanently destroying the hair follicle.[/toggle][toggle title=”LASER HAIR REMOVAL PATCH TEST PRICES?” open=”no”]The price of having the patch test is £25 but redeemable from the course of treatment.[/toggle][toggle title=”PREPARING FOR LASER HAIR REMOVAL TREATMENT? ” open=”no”]• Avoid sun exposure 4 weeks (Alex) or 2 weeks (YAG) prior to your scheduled treatment.
• Avoid sun beds 4 weeks (Alex) or 2 weeks (YAG) prior to your laser treatment.
• Avoid applying tanning lotion 4 weeks prior to your laser treatment.
• Remove make up, creams, lotions and Potions thoroughly.
• Remove deodorant.
• Shave the area before treatment so that no stubble is showing.
• Stop waxing or tweezing and threading.[/toggle][toggle title=”WHAT AFTERCARE SHOULD I FOLLOW?” open=”no”]• Application of Lotion or Aloe Vera should be applied to the area for rehydration. If crusting develops it should be allowed to fall off naturally. Do not scratch or pick crust.
• An antibiotic cream should be used if there is any blistering or break in the skin. Please contact the clinic if there is an indication of infection (redness, tenderness or pus).
• Do not shave treated area for 1 to 3 days post treatment if crusting or blistering occurs.
• Normal skin care regimens, i.e., makeup, moisturizers, deodorant, shaving may be resumed the day after treatment if there is no redness, blistering or crusting present.
• Wash treated area gently with mild soap and water. If treated area is irritated, the area should not be rubbed with a face cloth or towel. The area should be gently patted dry.
• Makeup – If the area blisters, extreme caution should be used when applying or removing makeup. The treated area is very delicate and should be treated with care.
• Rough removal of makeup can increase the incidence of post treatment complications.
• Sun exposure should be avoided throughout the course of treatment. A broad spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or greater should be applied whenever the area may be exposed to the sun.
• Following the laser treatment activities, such as swimming, sports and/or strenuous exercise should be avoided for the first 2–3 days, or until any redness, crusting or blisters have resolved.
• Please contact the office immediately if the treated area becomes tender and shows signs of infection (pus).[/toggle][toggle title=”WANT TO KNOW WHAT SKIN TYPE YOU ARE? ” open=”no”]If you would like to do a quick self test to evaluate your own skin type please click below.
http://www.skincancer.org/prevention/are-you-at-risk/fitzpatrick-skin-quiz[/toggle][/accordian][/one_half][one_half last=”yes” spacing=”yes” center_content=”no” hide_on_mobile=”no” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” background_position=”left top” border_size=”0px” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding=”” margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” animation_type=”0″ animation_direction=”down” animation_speed=”0.1″ class=”” id=””][separator style_type=”single” top_margin=”10″ bottom_margin=”10″ sep_color=”#ededed” border_size=”” icon=”” icon_circle=”” icon_circle_color=”” width=”” alignment=”center” class=”” id=””]
Select a treatment, check availability and view our booking policy
|For a FREE Consultation at our Preston Clinic please complete the simple form below and we will be in touch.|
[/testimonial][/testimonials][separator style_type=”single” top_margin=”6″ bottom_margin=”25″ sep_color=”#ededed” border_size=”” icon=”” icon_circle=”” icon_circle_color=”” width=”” alignment=”center” class=”” id=””][sharing tagline=”Share This Page. Choose Your Platform!” tagline_color=”” title=”” link=”” description=”” pinterest_image=”” icons_boxed=”” icons_boxed_radius=”4px” box_colors=”” icon_colors=”#ffffff” tooltip_placement=”” backgroundcolor=”” class=”” id=””][/sharing][/one_third][/fullwidth]