There are usually only a very few or no after effects associated with anti wrinkle treatment. Directly after treatment you may see some swelling, mild redness and sometimes slight bleeding at the site of the application of the treatment. These temporary side effects usually subside within 15-30 minutes. If you have sensitive skin you are more likely to experience these effects.
You are welcome to relax in our welcome area and touch up your make-up if you prefer to wait for these signs to disappear. Results are usually seen within a week from treatment and last on average between 3-4 months but with continued treatment may last up to 6 months. To maximise the effects of anti wrinkle treatment we recommend you take the following aftercare steps:
• Contract the muscles in the treated areas every 10 minutes for one hour after your treatment
• Avoid excessive rubbing of treated areas for 24 hours
• Avoid exercise for 24 hours
• Avoid lying flat or excessive bending over for two hours after treatment
• Avoid facial beauty treatments for two weeks
• Do not drink alcohol for 24 hours
Results may vary as each individual is different but we invite you back to the Preston Clinic 2 weeks after your treatment to follow up with you to ensure you are happy with your procedure.