After the placement of PDO (Polydioxanone) threads, patients can expect to see both immediate and gradual improvements in their skin’s appearance. PDO threads are a non-surgical, minimally invasive treatment used for skin lifting and tightening. Here’s what typically happens after the placement of PDO threads:
1. Immediate Lift:
– Patients often experience an immediate lift in the treated areas. This is due to the physical support provided by the threads as they are strategically placed under the skin to lift and tighten sagging tissues.
2. Stimulated Collagen Production:
– Over the following weeks, PDO threads stimulate the natural production of collagen and elastin in the skin. Collagen is a crucial protein that provides structure and firmness to the skin, contributing to a more youthful appearance.
3. Gradual Improvement:
– The full benefits of PDO thread treatments become more apparent over time. As collagen production increases, the skin continues to improve in texture, tone, and elasticity, resulting in a more lifted and youthful look.
4. Long-Lasting Results:
– The effects of PDO thread treatments are long-lasting, and results can persist for several months to a year or more, depending on the individual’s skin condition, age, and lifestyle factors.
5. Minimal Downtime:
– PDO thread treatments are known for their minimal downtime. Patients can usually resume normal activities shortly after the procedure. Some temporary swelling, bruising, or redness at the thread insertion points may occur but typically subsides within a few days.
6. Post-Treatment Care:
– Patients are generally advised to avoid excessive facial movements, intense physical activities, and sun exposure for a short period after the treatment. Additionally, following any specific post-treatment care instructions provided by the practitioner is essential for optimal results.
7. Follow-Up Sessions:
– Depending on individual goals and the extent of sagging, patients may choose to undergo additional PDO thread treatments for maintenance or further enhancement.